WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected. Everyone reacts different to various foods. Check your blood sugar readings so you will know whether or not a recipe works for you! And feel free to take a recipe and adjust it to suit your needs.

Saturday, October 3, 2026

SIMPLE BANANA PANCAKES - NO FLOUR

You can replace flour and sugar with protein and potassium when you make these simple pancakes using only egg and banana.
1 large egg
1 large banana
In a small bowl, peel and slice the banana.
Mash banana and beat in the egg to combine well.
Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Pour batter onto skillet, one-fourth cup at a time.  Cook until browned, turn and cook until browned on both sides.
May eat as is, use instead of bread for a breakfast sandwich, or enjoy with some sugar-free syrup.
Yield: 3 pancakes
file photo for reference 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.