WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected. Everyone reacts different to various foods. Check your blood sugar readings so you will know whether or not a recipe works for you! And feel free to take a recipe and adjust it to suit your needs.

Saturday, September 19, 2026

ARE YOU EATING THE RIGHT FRUIT?

Do you love fruit but find is often causes a blood sugar spike? Maybe you are eating the wrong fruits. Kiwi is one of the best fruits for diabetics. It doesn't affect blood sugar and also helps to lower cholesterol. One large kiwi has 3 grams of fiber and a low glycemic number. Other fruits that are good choices for diabetics include fresh figs, apples, pears, pomegranates, apricots, blueberries and strawberries. Avocados should be included in that group although some question if they are a fruit or vegetable. Avocados are fruits.

file photo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.