WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected. Everyone reacts different to various foods. Check your blood sugar readings so you will know whether or not a recipe works for you! And feel free to take a recipe and adjust it to suit your needs.

Monday, July 15, 2024

OVEN FRIED ZUCCHINI STICKS

 

  • Canola or olive oil cooking spray
  • 1 cup white whole-wheat flour (or your favorite low-carb/no carb flour)
  • 2 tablespoons cornmeal
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, (about 3 medium), cut into 1/2-by-3-inch sticks
  • 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2 Combine flours, cornmeal, salt and pepper in a large sealable plastic bag. Dip zucchini in egg white, shake in the bag to coat, and arrange, not touching, on the baking sheet. Coat all exposed sides with cooking spray.
3 Bake on the center rack for 10 minutes. Turn the zucchini and coat any floury spots with cooking spray. Continue to bake until golden and just tender, about 8 to 10 minutes more. Serve hot.
file photo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.