WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected. Everyone reacts different to various foods. Check your blood sugar readings so you will know whether or not a recipe works for you! And feel free to take a recipe and adjust it to suit your needs.

Monday, July 20, 2026

CRUNCHY PECORINO BAKED COD

5 (5 to 7 oz) cod fillets

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs

1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese

2 tbsp mayonnaise

1 tbsp butter, softened

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp dried thyme

2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, optional

Lemon wedges and/or tartar sauce, for serving

Be sure to have an oven rack in the center of the oven with another rack 6-inches from the broiler.

Preheat oven to 425-degrees and line a 10x15-inch rimmed baking sheet with foil.

Pat fillets dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with pepper and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.

For topping, stir together panko, cheese, mayo, butter, oregano, thyme and Worcestershire, if using, in a medium bowl.  Spread topping evenly over the fillets.

Bake at 425-degrees on the oven center rack for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest parts registers 145-degrees. Transfer baking sheet to the broiler rack, broiling until topping is crisped, about 1 minute. Serve with the lemon wedges and/or tartar sauce,

Yield: 4 servings  Per serving: 265 cal, 12g fat (5g sat), 28g pro, 8g carbs, 399mg sodium

Note: This recipe also works well with tilapia, halibut, flounder, or orange roughly.

recipe and photo allrecipes 2025



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.