WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected. Everyone reacts different to various foods. Check your blood sugar readings so you will know whether or not a recipe works for you! And feel free to take a recipe and adjust it to suit your needs.

Tuesday, September 29, 2026

AMISH AUTUMN SALAD

 This is a common salad this time of year among the Amish. I lived in Indiana several years where I followed the late Elizabeth Coblentz the Amish cook's column in my local newspaper. I love Amish cooking and recipes.

2 cups peeled and diced apples (I personally think you should leave the peel on. Apples skins are good for diabetics.)

1 cup peeled and grated carrots

1/2 cup raisins (if your blood sugar allows)

1/2 cup mayonnaise

In a large bowl, combine the apples, carrots, and raisins. Add the mayonnaise and toss until the ingredients are evenly coated. Chill for 1 hour before serving.

Serves 4

file photo of apples for reference



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.