WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected. Everyone reacts different to various foods. Check your blood sugar readings so you will know whether or not a recipe works for you! And feel free to take a recipe and adjust it to suit your needs.

Thursday, October 1, 2026

HERBY CHICKEN WITH APRICOTS & FETA

1 tsp salt

1 tsp dill weed

1/2 tsp dried oregano

1/2 tsp dried thyme

1/2 tsp pepper

8 (2 lbs) boneless skinless chicken thighs

3 tbsp olive oil

1 small onion, chopped

8 dried apricots

8 pitted dates

1/2 cup chicken stock

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 cup crumbled feta cheese

2 green onions, thinly sliced

Hot cook couscous for serving, optional

Combine salt, dill, oregano, thyme and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken in batches, if necessary. Return all chicken to the skillet. Add onion, apricots, and dates cooking another 5 minutes.  Stir in the chicken stock and lemon juice, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until a thermometer in the chicken reads 170 degrees, about 5 to 7 minutes. Uncover and top with the cheese and green onions. Serve with the couscous, if desired. 

Yield: 8 servings Per serving 1 chicken thigh with 1/4 cup of the apricot pan mixture (without couscous): 282 calories, 10g carbs, 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch

recipe idea and photo TOH

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.