WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected. Everyone reacts different to various foods. Check your blood sugar readings so you will know whether or not a recipe works for you! And feel free to take a recipe and adjust it to suit your needs.

Thursday, October 8, 2026

FLOUNDER WITH TOMATOES AND PEPPERS

This recipe is for one serving. Must be adjusted for more servings.

1 or 2 (5-oz) fresh or frozen flounder fillets (or other thin mild-flavored fillets

2 tsp olive oil

1 small green chile pepper, chopped to 2/3 cup*

1/3 cup finely chopped onion

2 small plum tomatoes, chopped

1 tsp capers, drained, optional

3 kalamata olives. pitted and sliced

1/8 tsp black pepper

fresh parsley sprigs for garnish, optional

Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.

In a medium skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the green chili and onion in the hot oil about 4 minutes or until tender. Add the tomatoes, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.

Stir in the capers and olives. Arrange the fish on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with the black pepper. Cover and simmer 4 to 6 minutes or just until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Transfer to dinner plate and garnish with the parsley, if desired.

*When handling chile peppers always wear gloves or wash hands thoroughly with soap and water. Do not touch eyes before washing hands good.

Calories 295, 11g fat (2g sat), 68 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 20g carbs, 4g fiber, 30g protein

recipe idea and photo BH&G Diabetic meals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.