WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

BEAN SALSA

2 cans black beans, rinsed
2 cans black-eyed peas, drained
1 can whole-kernel corn, drained
2 cans chunk tomatoes with green chiles
2 tsp garlic powder
1 bottle Italian salad dressing
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a bowl with a lid until mixed well.  Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving with tortilla chips or Beanito chips.

 Note: This is a file photo.