WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

BREAKFAST IN A HURRY

When you have a busy morning and have to rush to get something healthy down, you can get by with the following:
1 100% whole-wheat mini bagel*
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 orange

Spread the peanut butter on the mini bagel.  Eat with the orange.

*If you do not have a mini bagel, eat only half of a larger one.

This breakfast has approximately 45 grams of carbs to 17 grams of protein making it fit the 1/3 as many protein as carbs rule.

I do not recommend this on a daily basis but it is perfectly okay from time to time.

 Note: Photo from Cooking Light