WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Monday, April 17, 2017

APPLE ONION SAUTE

4 medium firm apples, cored and sliced

3 tbsps butter*
2 onions, sliced
1/2 tsp marjoram
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice

Heat butter in a large skillet. Add onions and apples. Saute over medium heat until apples and onions are tender. Season with marjoram, salt and pepper. Stir in lemon juice. Serve hot with chicken, pork chops, steak, etc.

Serves 4

*You can substitute olive oil for some of the butter, if desired. I would keep at least 1 tablespoon of butter for it's glazing properties.