I first saw this recipe on The Seasoned Mom a few years ago. I redid the recipe to make it diabetic-friendly and to suit my taste. Cherry is one of my favorite fruits for desserts and I love coconut.
- 1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple in its own juice (not drained)
- 1 (21 ounce) can of Splenda sweetened cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 package of sugar-free yellow cake mix
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Spread pie filling evenly into the prepared pan.
- Spoon pineapple with juice over the pie filling.
- Sprinkle the coconut over the pineapple.
- Sprinkle DRY cake mix evenly over the coconut. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Slice the chilled butter into thin strips and place the strips evenly over the nuts and other ingredients.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.
Note: File photo from the original recipe.