WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Friday, November 4, 2016

SOUR CREAM BANANA PUDDING

1 pkg sugar-free vanilla wafers
1 1/2 cups cold low-fat milk
1 box (4-serving size) instant sugar-free French Vanilla pudding mix
1/2 carton (8-oz size) frozen sugar-free whipped topping, thawed
4-oz fat-free sour cream
bananas

In a bowl combine the pudding mix and milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add the sour cream and whipped topping, mix gently to combine.

In a dish, layer vanilla wafers, banana slices and pudding mix. Crush two or three of the vanilla wafers and sprinkle over the top of the dish as a garnish.

Note: File Photo