WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tbsp fat-free or 1% milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp Splenda Granulated (or your favorite sweetener)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except cheese; blend until smooth. Add the cheese and mix well. Serve over your favorite salad greens.

May be kept covered and stored in refrigerator.

Yield: 14 servings
Per serving (2 Tablespoons):
46 calories, 3 g (2 g sat) fat, 253 mg sodium, 3 g carbs, 2 g protein, trace of fiber
Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat