WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Thursday, October 6, 2016

GRANOLA SUNDAES

1 cup quick oats
1/4 cup Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
1/4 cup chopped almonds, optional
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
No sugar added ice cream

In a small bowl, combine the oats, Splenda and almonds, if using. Stir in the peanut butter and butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over ice cream in your serving bowl.

Yield: 2 cups topping