WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

CINNAMON ROLL COOKIES

What You'll Need:
  • 1 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
  •  
  • GLAZE
  • 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
  • 2 teaspoons lowfat milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What To Do:
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, combine margarine, egg, vanilla, and maple syrup. Add in flour mixture; mix well.
  4. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes. Drop dough into 15 rounded scoops on baking sheet and flatten sightly.
  5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
  6. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together cream cheese, milk, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar. Place in a small resealable plastic bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle over cookies.

Read more at http://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Cookie-Recipes/Cinnamon-Roll-Cookies-204986#zVfWj70FZ40QQjrY.99