NOTE: THIS RECIPE POPPED UP ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY. I AM SAVING IT HERE TO TRY LATER. THE ( ) PERSONAL REMARKS ARE MINE. THIS POSTING IS NOT A RECOMMENDATION ONE WAY OR THE OTHER AS I HAVE NOT YET TRIED THIS RECIPE.
- 2 cups almond meal or almond flour
- 1/4 cup stevia, or a sugar substitute of your choice (personal note: I never use Stevia for baking as I find it bitter at high temperatures)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt (or table salt)
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey (personal note: honey is a sugar, a natural one but still sugar)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix the almond meal/flour, stevia, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add to the almond mixture.
- Melt the honey. Add the honey to the mixture along with the olive oil, lemon juice and zests.
- Mix well and pour into a well-greased pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Let the cake cool slightly in pan (type and/or size?) and then invert it onto a plate. Allow it to cool completely. Cut the cake into 18 slices an inch and a half thick.
Note: I believe this recipe is from Diabetic Club Diet.