WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

RASPBERRY-LEMON SMOOTHIE

I do not normally recommend smoothies for diabetics but for those who do drink them, here is a recipe for one that is not bad.

1 cup frozen no-sugar-added raspberries
1 carton (8-oz) low-sugar or no-added-sugar lemon-flavored Greek yogurt
1/2 cup low-fat milk
1 tsp vanilla
(add a dash of ground cinnamon to make it more diabetic friendly)

Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and blend until smooth.

Yield: 2 servings of approximately 3/4 cup each

Note: This is a file photo.