WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Saturday, August 6, 2016

PEPPERED BEEF TIP ROAST

1 (4 to 5 lb) beef tip roast
2 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground red pepper
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 tsp olive or coconut oil

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a small bowl, combine the peppers, mustard, allspice and garlic; stir in the oil to form a paste. Spread evenly over the roast.

Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack in an open roasting pan. Do not add water or cover! Bake until done, 30-35 minutes per pound being sure temperature reaches at least 135 degrees for rare, 155 degrees for medium and more for well done.

Remove from oven and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes in a warm place before carving.

Note: File photo