WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

WESTERN- STYLE BEAN SALAD

3/4 cup picante sauce
2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 medium-size red onion, sliced thin
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 hard-boiled egg, chopped - optional

Combine the picante sauce, cilantro, vinegar, oil, bell pepper, onion and beans in a large bowl; stir to coat beans well. Gently fold in the egg, if using.

Cover and refrigerate until serving time.

Yield: 8 servings


Source: This is my diabetic version of a Campbell's recipe.