WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Sunday, March 1, 2015

SOUR CREAM BANANA BREAD

1 cup Splenda Granulated
3 medium to large ripe bananas, mashed
1 heaping tbsp sour cream
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs, well beaten
1/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
1 cup white whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional but recommended for health reasons

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a 2-quart mixing bowl, beat the Splenda, bananas, sour cream, coconut oil and applesauce together until well blended.

In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking soda and salt. Mix into the banana mixture until moistened.

Spray an 8-inch loaf pan with nonstick canola or olive oil cooking spray; pour batter evenly into pan.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.