WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Friday, November 7, 2014

BROILED TILAPIA PARMESAN

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 tbsp + 1 1/2 tsp olive oil mayonnaise
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/8 tsp dried basil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery salt
1 lb tilapia fillets

Preheat broiler.
Grease broiling pan or line with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl, mix together the cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice; set aside.

Season the fish with the basil, pepper, onion powder, and celery salt.

Arange fish in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn fish and broil another 2 to 3 minutes on other side. Remove from oven.

Cover the fish with the cheese mixture only on the top side. Return to broiler and broil another 2 minutes or until the topping is browned and the fish flake easily with a fork.

Yield: 4 servings