WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

HAM AND EGGS BRUNCH DISH

6 slices 100% whole-grain bread, crusts removed
6 slices American cheese
5 eggs, well beaten
3 cups fat-free or low-fat milk
1 cup diced, fully cooked ham
1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped

Lightly spray a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; place bread slices in the pan. Lay the cheese slices over the bread.

Combine the well beaten eggs and the milk in a mixing bowl; gently pour over the bread and cheese. Sprinkle the ham and the mushrooms over the top.

Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Remove pan from refrigerator, uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Cut into squares for serving.

Note: File Photo