WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

BEAN AND CHEESE DIP

1 can (16-oz) fat-free refried beans
1/3 cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
Baked tortilla chips for dipping
Celery sticks for dipping
1 roma tomato, chopped, for topping

Transfer beans to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Turn dish if not on a rotating plate. Sprinkle the cheese over all and microwave about a minute until cheese melts.

Serve with the chips and celery for dipping.

Note: File photo