WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Monday, August 11, 2014

COLD VEGETABLE SALAD

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole-kernel corn
1/2 large red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 large green bell pepper, chopped
chopped green onions to taste
1 stem celery, diced

Dressing:
1/2 tsp dried onion flakes
2 tsp. vinegar
pepper, to taste
olive or canola oil, as much as needed to wet all veggies

Combine veggies in a bowl with a lid.

Combine the dressing ingredients and pour over the veggies; stir to coat all.

Refrigerate for a few hours to marinate before serving.