- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed (and peeled, if desired), cut into 1-inch wedges or pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chile-garlic sauce (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper (note- I use freshly ground black pepper)
Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
Combine oil, chile-garlic sauce, soy sauce and white pepper in a large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat with the seasoning mixture.
Spread the potatoes evenly on a rimmed baking sheet.
Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
Note: Chile-garlic sauce (also labeled chili-garlic sauce, or paste) is a blend of ground chiles, garlic and vinegar. It can be found in the Asian section of large supermarkets and will keep for up to 1 year in the refrigerator.