WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Sunday, July 6, 2014

CORN CASSEROLE WITH HAM AND CHEESE

6 ears of corn, kernels cut off the cob
4 thick slices cooked ham, cubed
3 large eggs
1 1/4 cups low-fat milk
2 cups grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Place the corn and ham in a casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.

In a medium mixing bowl combine the eggs and milk; beat until combined well.  Add the cheese and nutmeg to egg mixture.

Pour the milk mixture over the ham and corn.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.