WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Monday, May 12, 2014

CHEESY VEGETABLE BRUNCH BAKE

1/2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
8 slices whole-grain bread, torn into bite-size pieces
12 large eggs
1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
12-oz Velveeta-style cheese, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion; cook, stirring, about 10 minutes or until the peppers are crisp tender.

Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or pan with nonstick cooking spray; spread the bread pieces over the bottom and top with the vegetables.

Whisk the eggs and sour cream together and pour over the vegetables; top with the cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until heated through and center is set.

Yield: 12 servings


This is a recipe I got from Kraft Foods.