WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Friday, December 13, 2013

OH BOY, DID I EVER GOOF UP

Lest you think that I think I am perfect, I confess to really goofing up yesterday.  I knew better but I let the day get the best of me and I am paying for it.  My excuse, worthless as it is, is that yesterday was a busy day.  Started my day perfectly at a little before 6 AM with my usual oatmeal. So far, so good.  Got busy and time slipped up on me.  We had to rush off to get Dustin to the college for his final at noon so I left without eating.  Once there, I began to realize my mistake.  Rather than walk over to the Subway in the student center and get a decent lunch I chose to eat a few cheese crackers and 3 vanilla wafers from the library staff instead.  Wrong and I knew it!  Left the library a couple hours later to do a few errands. You know how that goes! Got home a little after 4, ate a very undiabetic-like couple of mini sandwiches with a handful of potato chips.  Another big mistake.  Went to Lindsay's band concert, came home and had a bite of Steve's brownie we bought at the concert bake sale.  Well this morning this bad girls blood sugar reading was up 50 points! I had better get back on track today!  Yes, we all goof up from time to time but there is always another day to do better!