WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

HOT SALSA

2 cans diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp vinegar
1 purple onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
4 to 6 chili peppers, chopped

Mix together in a saucepan and heat slowly over low heat for several hours until the tomatoes have cooked down.  The longer this is heated, the spicier the salsa becomes.