WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

ROTINI WITH BEANS SALAD

4-ounces uncooked whole-grain rotini
1 cup cooked shelled edamame
1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 to 3 tbsps lemon juice
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 large Bibb lettuce leaves

Cook pasta in boiling water until just tender; drain in colander and rinse with cold water.

While pasta cooks, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.

Toss the well drained pasta into the bean/dressing mixture, coating well.

To serve place a Bibb lettuce leaf on a salad plate and spoon 1/4 of the mixture onto the leaf.  Repeat for 4 servings.

Serves 4