WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

ORANGE-FLAVORED PORK CHOPS

4 pork chops
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 orange, cut in half
1 tsp Italian seasoning
dash of freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp canola oil
1 tsp butter

Squeeze juice from orange into a shallow dish; add Worcestershire sauce and stir to blend.  Add the chops and turn to coat both sides.  Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to marinate.

Remove chops from marinade and sprinkle with the Italian seasoning, peppers, and salt.

Heat the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add butter and heat until melted.  Add the chops to skillet and cook on each side approximately 5 minutes or until cooked through.


Garnish with your choice of fresh herbs or thin orange slices, if desired.

Per chop: Approximately 145 calories, 1 g carbs, 1 g sugar, 17 g protein