WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

VEGETABLE STIR FRY WITH BROWN RICE

1 tbsp Mrs. Dash original blend
2 tbsp canola oil
2 medium carrots, sliced thin
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
6-oz snow peas
1 small tomato, cut into wedges
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
hot cooked brown rice for 6

Heat the Mrs. Dash in the canola oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.

Add the carrots and broccoli florets; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the mushrooms and snow peas; cook another 2 minutes, stirring constantly.

Add the tomato and vinegar; stir, cooking, for a minute or until the vegetables are tender.

Serve over hot brown rice.

Yield: 6 servings.