WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

ORIENTAL PORK CASSEROLE

1 cup diced or shredded cooked pork (leftover pork works well)
1 can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
1/4 cup fat-free milk
1 tsp soy sauce
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 can (6-oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 can (3-oz) chow mein noodles
2 green onions, sliced thin

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly spray a 1/1/2 to 2-qt casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. 

In a mixing bowl, combine the soup, milk, and soy sauce and mix together well.  Add the pork, celery, water chestnuts, 1 cup of the noodles, and the green onions; stir lightly to combine.  Spoon the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.  Sprinkle the remaining noodles over all.

Bake at 375 degrees about 20-25 minutes until heated through.

Yield: 4 servings