WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Friday, December 21, 2012

TOASTED OAT MUESLI

1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
3 tbsp flaxseeds
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 1/2 cups fat-free milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spread oats on a baking sheet with sides; bake at 350 for 8 minutes to toast.

Stir in the almonds and flaxseeds and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until the oats are lightly toasted, stirring once.

Cool the mixture in the pan on a wire rack.  Add the raisins and cinnamon, stirring to combine.

Serve with milk.

Yield: 2 1/3 cups

Muesli may be covered and kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (before adding milk).