WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Friday, October 26, 2012

POPCORN, NUTS, AND POTATO SNACK MIX

1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 quarts popped popcorn
2 (1.5-oz each) can potato sticks
1 cup mixed nuts

In a large mixing bowl mix together the melted butter, dill, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt, mixing to blend well. 

Add the popped popcorn, potato sticks, and nuts to the butter mixture and toss to coat well.

Spread the mixture on a large ungreased baking sheet with sides and bake at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 minutes.  Stir the mixture then bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes.

Yield: 9 cups