WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

FRESH CRANBERRY SALAD

2 lb fresh cranberries
3 cups Splenda Granulated
2 cans (20-oz each) crushed pineapple in its own juice, completely drained
6 oranges, peeled
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Grind the cranberries and oranges; mix together with the Splenda, pineapple, walnuts and cinnamon.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight before serving.