WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

BACON WAFFLES

1 large egg, beaten
1 cup low-fat milk
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 cups Bisquick (or similar product)
8 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled (personally, I only use pork bacon but turkey bacon works fine)
3/4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese

Preheat waffle iron.

Blend the egg, milk, sour cream, and butter together in a mixing bowl until well blended.  Stir in the Bisquick, mixing well.

Stir the bacon and cheese into the waffle batter.

Pour batter into waffle iron and cook according to the iron's directions.

Serve with sugar-free maple-flavored syrup.

Yield: 12 waffles