WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Monday, September 17, 2012

PASTA SALMON SALAD

1 1/3 cups low-fat mayo
1 cup finely chopped green onions
2/3 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill weed + dill sprigs for garnish, if desired
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 pkg (12-oz) whole-wheat seashell pasta, cooked according to pkg directions
12-oz smoked salmon cut-up

Combine the mayo, onions, celery, chopped dill weed, lemon juice, mustard, and pepper in a large bowl mixing until well blended.

Add the drained pasta to the mayo mixture, stirring until well coated.

Stir salmon into the salad, cover and chill 2 hours for flavors to blend.


Before serving garnish with the dill sprigs, if desired.