WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

REFRESHING HONEYDEW & CLUB SODA

1/4 large honeydew melon, cut into small chunks and chilled
2 limes, juiced
2 tbsp Splenda granulated
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1 1/2 cups club soda, chilled
4 lime wedges
4 fresh mint springs for garnish, if desired

Combine the melon chunks, lime juice, Splenda, and mint leaves in a blender container.  Puree until smooth.  (You can puree in advance and chill for several hours, if desired.)

Pour the melon mixture into a quart-size measuring mixing bowl.  Add the club soda adding more if needed to make a full quart.  Pour into 4 glasses.  Garnish each with a lime wedge and mint sprig, if desired.