WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Monday, July 9, 2012

EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU

2 ounces deli ham, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp Italian-flavored bread crumbs
1/4 tsp paprika

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Coat 6 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.

Combine the ham and cheese in a small bowl; mix well and set aside.

Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of wax paper and gently pound to a 1/4-inch thickness.

Season the chicken with the salt and pepper.  Divide the ham/cheese mixture evenly among the six pieces of chicken.  Place mixture in the center of each and roll up tightly tucking in the sides as you roll.  Place seam side down in the prepared muffin cups.  Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and paprika.

Bake approximately 1/2 hour or until juices run clear and chicken is cooked through.