WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

CAJUN-STYLE SHRIMP

1 lb extra large peeled shrimp
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red pepper
couple grinds of freshly ground black pepper
lime wedges for garnish

In a bowl big enough for tossing, toss the shrimp with the lime juice. 

Mix the garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, red and black peppers together.  Sprinkle mixture over the shrimp then toss to coat well.

Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat until hot.  Add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes until the shrimp are pink.  Using a large spoon, remove the shrimp to a serving platter.  Cover and chill for at least an hour.

To serve, garnish platter with limeor lemon wedges.

Yield: 12 to 15 appetizes

Note: File Photo