WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Friday, July 15, 2011

MINI FRENCH VANILLA TARTS WITH FRESH BERRIES AND MINT

1 box (1.34 oz) Sugar-Free French Vanilla Pudding and Pie Fillling Mix
1 pkg Graham cracker tart shells
Fresh seasonal berries
Mint sprigs for garnish, if desired

Prepare pudding mix as directed on box. Pour pudding into tart shells and refrigerate. Before serving, add 3 or 4 fresh berries and a mint sprig, if desired, for garnish.