WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

CHICKEN SALAD WITH THAI DRESSING

4 cups baby spinach leaves
3/4 to 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & thin sliced
1 1/2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed, rinsed, and drained
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup sliced green onion
1 tbsp flaxseed oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp honey
1/4 cup warm water
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger

Divide spinach evenly onto 4 salad plates. Top wth the chicken, peas, carrots, and green onions.

In a small bowl, whisk together the flaxseed oil, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, and honey. Gradually add the warm water, whisking until smooth. Stir in the garlic and ginger. Drizzle over the salads.