WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

APPLE SNOW PUDDING

1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups no-sugar added applesauce
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 packet Sweet 'N Low or other sweetener
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 egg whites
3 tablespoons lemon juice

Sprinkle gelatin cold water in a small bowl to soften. Mix the applesauce, lemon peel and juice, sweetener and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil while stirring. Add the gelatin and stir until dissolved. Pour the mixture into a bowl; refrigerate for 1 hour.

Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold into the chilled gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until well chilled.

Yield: 4 servings