WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Monday, July 11, 2011

ALMOND ORANGE SALAD

3 cups assorted salad greens
2 navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
1/2 cup thin sliced celery
2 tbsp chopped green onion

Combine all the ingredients together in a large salad bowl; set aside.

Dressing:
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Splenda granular
2 tsp canola or olive oil
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted

In a small mixing bowl, combine the vinegar, Splenda, and canola or olive oil. Stir with a whisk until mixture is well blended. Drizzle the dressing evenly over the salad and toss gently. Sprinkle the almonds over top of tossed salad.