WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

EASY WORKOUT

If you don't want to spend money on exercise equipment but want to do some simple home workouts, you can use an old phone book. (If you live in a large area with a big phone book--my old hometown's phone book of Bedford, Indiana, won't be much help!) Use a strong tape, masking will do, and tape around the book in both directions. This will hold the book steady so it won't cause you to slip. You can do step aerobics by stepping onto and off the book several times. Do this for 15 minutes or so and burn about 100 calories, depending on how fast you move! Do this to music to help you keep up a lively pace. This will not only be beneficial from a diabetic standpoint, it also gives your heart and lungs a workout.