WELCOME TO DIABETIC ENJOYING FOOD

I have chosen this name for this blog because it truly states my story. I am a type II diabetic who most certainly enjoys food. When I was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago, my blood sugar level was over 400. With some oral medications, a lot of research and some trial and error, I have found that unlike my ancestors I truly can continue to enjoy food. I hope this blog will help you to also enjoy food and be healthy. Some recipes are my originals and some I have collected.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION

You may notice some of the recipes on this site have the nutritional information and some do not. Several years ago when I was studying nutrition, I had a nutrition counter. The recipes with that information are the ones I did then. I am planning to get another one and when I do, I will come back in and put the information on the rest of the recipes. In the meantime, if it is important for you to have that information, call your local county's extension agent or hospital nutritionist for help.